Chimney fire on Grills Road

Fire Truck
FeaturedTrenton

Crews from the Quinte West Fire Station 4 were called to a chimney fire on Grills Road on Saturday (January 12) around 4:00 p.m in the afternoon.

It took about half an hour to put out the blaze, but the Quinte West Fire Chief John Whelan said it could have been a lot worse.

“That’s the importance again, to have any kind of fire insert or woodstove — to have your chimneys cleaned, even a couple of times a year depending on how much wood you use. But, for sure they should be inspected by a professional.”

No injuries were reported in that fire.